“Blog” is a shortened version of “Web Log.” Blogs typically provide news and/or commentary on a particular subject.
TAJWatch.blogspot.com is a blog that I started in August 2007. My idea was to share with other TAJ residents what information I might have and also to create a kind of permanent record of certain matters. There are many pictures of the construction work in progress. I try to take a few pictures of each building while it is under construction to help us remember what they looked like and when they were renovated. Sometimes the pictures are very informative about the extent of damage to trusses, etc. Sometimes the pictures are just pleasant, like the view of Building 1 from University Ave after they got a new roof (posted Nov 3rd, 2007), or any of the buildings after they get painted.
I have also created a color-coded map to show the progress of construction in the whole community, and I try to keep it updated.
There are also pictures of the maintenance men and their names on the blog. If you do not have a chance to meet them in person you can still see who they are that way.
The Association has its own very good website. My blog is not meant to replace or compete with it in any way. My blog is simply a forum to share information, pictures, and opinions in the hope of improving the quality of our lives.
I WOULD LIKE TO RESPOND TO THE AUTHOR`S COMMENT AND DESCRIPTION OF MY QUESTION AT THE "MEET THE CANDIDATES NIGHT",IT HAD THE REFLECTION OF YELLOW JOURNALISM,NOT RANTING. MY QUESTION WAS DIRECTED AT ALL THE CANDIDATES.THEY SPOKE INDIVIDUALLY OF ALL THE COMMUNITY PROBLEMS WHICH WERE CERTAINLYREAL.I WANTED TO ASK IF THEY WERE AWARE OF WHAT IN MY HUMBLE OPINION IS A PROBLEMTHAT IS AND WILL HAVE DEVASTATING EFFECTS ON OUR COMMUNITY IN THE IMMEDIATE FUTURE. DELINQUENT MAINTENANCE PAYMENTS BY UNIT OWNERS CERTAINLY HAS TO BE ADDRESSED NOW.IT IS A SITUATION THAT WILL LITERALLY TEAR THIS COMMUNITY APART.HARD WORKING OWNER`S WHO ARE STRETCHING TO MEET THEIR OWN MONTHLY OBLIGATIONS WILL BE HARD PRESSED TO TAKE ON THEIR NEIBOUR`S DEBTS.THE ASSOCIATION OF COURSE CAN NOT RUN WITH A DEFICIT.THERE ARE OTHER METHODS BY WHICH THE DEFICIT CAN BE RECOUPED. HOWEVER ,THE BOARD[pastense]WERE MISGUIDED AND MADE WHAT I THINK A VERY HASTY DECISION.THIS CONDITION IS AT EPIDEMIC PROPORTIONS STATE WIDE. STATE OF FLORIDA DOES NOT HAVE A CLEAR CUT SOLUTION. OUR BYLAWS ARE OLD,AMBIGUOUS AND VAQUE.THE OTHER POINT I WAS TRYING TO MAKE[before i gave up the floor in the spirt of giving others a chance to ask their questions thinking i could finish at the tail end] WAS IF THE ASSOCIATIONWAS AWARE OF THE HISTORY OF BUILDING #.12 THEY WOULD BE AWARE OF HOW AN INCOMPETANT BOARD[pastense]COULD CAUSE THEM UNNECESSARY EXPENSE AND AGRIVATION. UNFORTUNATLY THE MODERATOR LOST CONTROL OF THE MEETING. THIS WAS NOT A BAD THING!! BECAUSE REAL FEELING CAME FORTH IN ABUNDANCE.
ReplyDeleteSTEVE;YOU DID A GOOD THING THE BLOG IS A GREAT IDEA,KUDOS TO YOU. BUT BLOGS WILL BE BLOGS,OPPORTUNITY TO EXPRESS BELIEFS,GRIEFS OR RESPONSES TOA GIVEN SUBJECT OR ARTICLE. HOWEVER THEY MUST BE CONSTANTLY MONITORED TO NULLIFY INCORRECT AND OR MALICIOUS ARTICLES AND INACCURATE INFORMATION.
P.S. NOTE TO BRYAN, LAST TIME I LOOKED BUILDING #12 COST PER UNIT WAS/IS $47,158.94 MY MATH COULD BE INCORRECT,I WOULD BE HAPPY TO BRING MY FOLDER TO THE OFFICE FOR AUDIT.
BUILDING#12 daniel capobianco