Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Questions About Parking


A letter from a concerned unit owner:

"I am a TAJ resident and I am concerned that the recent change to start enforcing a no back-in parking rule has the potential to make our community less safe and expose our association to unnecessary  liability.  How would I and other concerned residents go about getting this rule amended?  Thanks."

I agree.  I think that it is much easier to drive out of my driveway, especially when there are cars double-parked behind other cars on my street, after I have backed into the space.  It also provides better visibility so that pedestrians (little children) are at less risk.

Why is backing into the driveway prohibited?  How does a ban of back-in parking make our community a better place?

Finally, what are the measures that we can take to change the rule?

1 comment:

  1. Generally it is much safer to use back in parking as long as it is safe to do so when you park. You can easily view what is in and around the space before backing in. If you pulled into a space you now have to back out and with the amound t of children, pedestrians, and speeding vehicles having a no back in policy means eventually there will be accidents because of it. Hopefully the legal fees and lawsuits don't cost us too much. The property manager not wanting to be inconvenienced when checking vehicle tags does not IMO justify the potential liability caused by this dangerous regulation.

    ReplyDelete