Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Tree Trimming





Trees are being trimmed in preparation for the coming hurricane season. The Association is saving money by doing the work ourselves with the help of the rented cherry-picker.

7 comments:

  1. If today was bulk pick up how come the debris did not get picked up yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the City of Plantation website: "Palm fronds and large branches may be tied into bundles (not to exceed four (4) feet or 40 pounds), and placed alongside bulk pick-up items."

    A link to the City of Plantation's Bulk Pick-up rules has been placed on the links section of this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so you are telling me that the maintnance men were supposed to tie these up into bundles before the city would pick them up? So if that is so are they going to be laying on our grass for another month or will the city come back out and pick them up

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I hear you. I do not know what arrangements have been made by the management office, the maintenance crew, or the Board of Directors. I assume that they have made arrangements, however. I doubt that they just naively thought that the city would pick up our tree trimmings without making an arrangement with them.

    In addition to complaining about the very temporary mess that the work has caused, we can also admire the nicely pruned trees that are the result of their hard work.

    Thanks for your comments, even though I prefer you would give your name. I typically delete anonymous authors, especially when they are rude, obnoxious, or otherwise unpleasant to read (your is none of those).

    I have never deleted a comment with a name on it, no matter how unpleasant it might have been.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes i do admire what they have done with the trees around the community.Yes it may be temporary but if it would sit for a month we are taking a risk of rodents getting into those piles. That is my opinion on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, you make a good point. I guess we will see in the days to come what they have planned for the debris removal. Thanks again for your input.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I noticed that a truck was picking up the palm tree debris today. How about that -- they had a plan all along! :-)

    ReplyDelete