Below you will find letters from nine of the ten candidates running for positions on the TAJ BOD. The one candidate whose letter has not yet been made available to me is invited to email his letter for inclusion in this display. [click on images to enlarge them]



1st row: Bass, Capobianco, Grant



2nd row: Hazan, Leacock, Morgenstern



3rd row: Schertzer, Vermut, Watson
[missing: Ward]
I am sorry that I am unable to provide a Spanish translation of these candidate statements due to the format in which I received them. If they were sent to me via email in a *.doc format then I could easily translate them using an online service. I will provide a link from the tajwatchspanish.blogspot to this post so that the Spanish speaking non-English speakers can at least see the documents online. I will translate and post any that I receive from the candidates as I receive them.
Steve under florida Statute 718 and Chapter 61B-23 candidates who do not turn in a letter are unable to have their letter made available to the Association via the election process.
ReplyDeleteShould you wish to include a letter on your web site, it is NOT the official candidate letter and should be noted as such.
It's unfortunate that Mr. Ward did not include his information - I was hoping to see what he has to offer as a new candidate and board member and fresh face, fresh solution.
Also, you can convert PDF files to Word files with Adobe Acrobat.
Thanks for the heads-up, Bryan. You know the legal aspects of these kind of things better than most, so I value your input. However, when I read the sections that you referred to I see that it is concerning the Association's duties, not that of private residents. Not I nor the blog are the Association and do not represent and are not sponsored by the Association. Therefore I think that I am legally free to provide information to my neighbors. I'll post the sections that you cited in a subsequent comment.
ReplyDelete718.112. (1)2(d)3
ReplyDelete"Together with the written notice and agenda as set forth in subparagraph 2., the association shall mail, deliver, or electronically transmit a second notice of the election to all unit owners entitled to vote therein, together with a ballot which shall list all candidates. Upon request of a candidate, the association shall include an information sheet, no larger than 81/2 inches by 11 inches, which must be furnished by the candidate not less than 35 days before the election, along with the signed certification form provided for in this subparagraph, to be included with the mailing, delivery, or transmission of the ballot, with the costs of mailing, delivery, or electronic transmission and copying to be borne by the association."
61B-23.0021 (7)
"Upon the timely request of a candidate as set forth in this paragraph, the association shall include, with the second notice of election described in subsection (8) below, a copy of an information sheet which may describe the candidate's background, education, and qualifications as well as other factors deemed relevant by the candidate. The information contained therein shall not exceed one side of the sheet which shall be no larger than 8 1/2 inches by 11 inches. Any candidate desiring the association to mail or personally deliver copies of an information sheet to the eligible voters must furnish the information sheet to the association not less than 35 days before the election."
Also, I do not have the letters in a PDF format. What you see on the blog are .jpg's that I scanned. If you have them in PDF send them to me and I'll give it a try. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteHey Steve if you have a copy of the letters or if you print them out you can then scan them into a pdf file and do what you want to with them
ReplyDeleteI'll see if I have the capability to scan to .pdf. Thanks for the idea.
ReplyDeletei know with my printer if i was to print out the resume off the website i can scan to pdf file if you would like i could do that if you would need me too. if so you can email me at brneyed31@yahoo.com
ReplyDeleteIt would be great of you to convert them to pdf files and email them to me at TAJResident@gmail.com. Thanks
ReplyDeletehey steve i will convert them for you and send them to you not a problem. will have them to you later on this evening
ReplyDeleteSteve I can convert JPG to Word through document management software if you want.
ReplyDeleteI believe Microsoft has this as part of Windows XP and Vista as well.
With regards to the posting of the letters - the comment was to insure that everyone knew which were setn out in the package and which were not - as private citizens we can do and say anything - as we can tell from the comments from some of the candidates tonight.
If you can convert the documents to pdf's or to word documents that would help me to get them translated into Spanish. That would be great of you to do -- thanks!
ReplyDeleteHey steve sent you the pdf file i said i would let me know if it works for you
ReplyDelete