Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Property Manager Project Making Progress

The Human Relations Committee has been making progress toward finding a property manager. Four candidates were interviewed by four members of the committee last Saruday, and the field was narrowed to three strong choices.  Those three men have been scheduled for face-to-face meetings with BOD members. 

The HR committee is comprised of W2ndi H1ll (President of BOD), Mark Morgenstern (BOD member), Elliot Schertzer (former BOD member), Steve Frahm (former BOD President), Valerie DeRoy (Committee Chairperson).

The goal is to have a strong Property Manager in place for the new year.  Here's hoping for that and many other good resolutions to begin in January 2009.

4 comments:

  1. SO THE PROPERTY MANAGERS TAJ ARE LOOKING AT ARE THEY PART OF A PROPERTY MANAGEMENT COMPANY?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So When are we gonna finally get a property manager? This is crazy we are almost through the first quarter of the new year and still no property manager?

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a committee that has met with several candidates and made some recommendations to the BOD for their selection. That failed to produce a Property Manager, for reasons that I do not know. The committee is now going through another batch of applicants. I do not know what the delay is on the part of the BOD, and Board members do not seem willing to explain on here or anywhere else that I have found.

    I know from my experience as a past President of the Board when one Property Manager was fired and another was hired that it is a time-consuming process. I interviewed all the candidates myself along with some members of the BOD. It took me a few months to find the right manager, but I started looking and had someone in place before terminating the Property Manager at that time. The current Board has not felt the same need that I did to have a manager running the office and overseeing aspects of our Association.

    ReplyDelete